Found it! I read about The Head in a post on Anchorage Rocks Facebook site. It was between Ravine and Bonnie Lakes. I had to find it. First, I used Google Earth to find both lakes, then started looking for the head. Despite finding something large enough to be the head as viewed from space, I did not realize how large it would be, until I got there.
How do I get to Bonnie Lake and the Head?
What you should know about Bonnie Lakes Road
- Almost 2 hours from Anchorage, Alaska.
- Take the Glenn Highway (AK-1) North, exit Bonnie Lake Road.
- It is a dirt/gravel road, like we so love in Alaska. Higher clearance vehicles preferred depending on road conditions.
- RVs and large vehicles towing trailers not allowed-though i saw both of at the lake.
- Go a bit further to the Bonnie Lake State Recreation Site.